“You’re Never Too Old To Be Young”
November 12 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
(An Evening of One Acts that celebrates the ability of being young at any age)
One Acts To Be Presented:
By: Paul Dooley & Winnie Holzman
Description: In this homage to Love Letters, an actor and actress read the Post-it® Notes between a couple that span the duration of their lives together. Hilarious and moving, Post-its® explores the ups and downs of a relationship that were unexpectedly captured on scraps of paper.
- Paul Dooley & Winnie Holzman are married and also co-wrote a full length play Assisted Living
- Paul Dooley is a character actor who has been seen in Sixteen Candles, Hairspray and numerous Christopher Guest Films.
- Winnie Holzman wrote the book for the smash musical Wicked
- Winnie Holzman created the TV show My So Called Life.
It’s a Sin to Tell a Lie
By: Jason Miller
Description: Two people, an old man and an old woman, meet in their doctor’s waiting room. They begin a casual conversation, and he is soon revealed as a would-be poet and she as a dreamer who fancies that she has had much more in life than is actually the case. But, as they tell ever more outrageous fibs to each other, the deeper truth of their essential loneliness emerges—and in a very touching way they “find” each other, and the friendship and concern of another human being which they both need so desperately.
- Jason Miller is a Pulitzer Prize winning playwright.
- Miller played Father Damien Karras in the film, The Exorcist
By: James Prideaux
Description: For thirty years Margaret and Leonardo have sat each day at adjoining desks, writing postcards to famous people, without ever getting any answers. Having run out of live personages to write to they decide to address their cards to the famous dead—but, suddenly, much to their consternation, a reply does arrive. Its effect is shattering, and brings on a poignant revelation of the unspoken feelings which have, through all the years, lay dormant beneath the calm surface of their very correct relationship.
- Prideaux wrote 3 made for TV movies for Katharine Hepburn including “Mrs. Delafield Wants to Marry”
Fear of Flying
By: Jason D. Martin
Description: An elderly woman must trick her husband into flying to their son’s wedding.
- Jason D. Martin is an outdoor adventure writer and professional mountain guide.
Life Comes to the Old Maid
By: Le Wilhelm
Description: A reclusive old lady is visited by a woman who remembers things that she is too young to have experienced: hayrides, dances and the final farewell of a boyfriend on a river bank. In a photograph album she recognizes the younger woman as her younger self.
- Life Comes to the Old Maid is a Winner! Samuel French Off Off Broadway Festival