The Naples Players is one of the largest non-profit community theaters in the nation, located in scenic downtown Naples, Florida. We have a professional full-time staff with experience ranging from regional theatre to international and off-Broadway. The Naples Players is devoted to their community and relies on the generous volunteers who eagerly participate to create each season.
We are always looking for qualified Directors, Choreographers and Musical Directors. These are contracted positions. Please send your information to Jessica Walck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Naples Players, one of the top community theatres in the country, located in Naples, FL is seeking a full–time year-round Director of Marketing and PR. Responsibilities include creating and implementing a marketing plan for a 6 show mainstage, 4 show second stage and a youth program as well as ancillary productions. Also important is organizational branding and promotion. Salary commiserate with experience, benefits include health, dental, vacation. Submit Cover letter, resume and list of references to Bryce Alexander, Executive Artistic Director at email@example.com
More About The Naples Players
The Naples Players is a nationally recognized community theatre company located in Naples, Florida. The company was founded January 19, 1953 and performs in the Sugden Community Theatre in downtown Naples. It has been named the “Best Live Theatre” in Southwest Florida (including professional theaters) 17 times by The Naples Daily News. Its programs reach 40,000+ audiences a year, and provides education programs for 600+ children and adults, and involves 60,000 volunteer hours annually. The Naples Players’ annual budget is approximately $3 million.
The right candidate will be well organized, self-directed and have excellent people skills. The Marketing Director holds ultimate responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy. The MD reports to the Executive Artistic Director and works closely with the Associate Artistic Director, Director of Development, and other key staff members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute The Naples Players marketing and branding goals and objectives which are set with approval from the Executive Artistic Director.
- Adhere to the overall marketing plan and customize each production for Blackburn Mainstage, Tobye second stage, Kidzact youth education program, Adult education program, general branding and other efforts associated with development, special events and other activities.
- Coordinate a public relations program, including writing, and placing of press releases, and calendar releases, pitching and/or writing and coordinating feature stories, coordinating photography, and handling press inquiries for both the productions and Naples Players generally.
- Oversee all marketing collateral including but not limited to ads, posters, cards, brochures and any direct mail pieces.
- Coordinate all placement and production of radio and TV commercials.
- Coordinate and execute all online presence including all social media, e-blasts & website.
- Coordinate all ad placement in newspapers and periodicals.
- Work with Executive Artistic Director on Playbill ad sells and trades. Oversee yearly playbill development and layout.
- Coordinate use of all media trades.
- Development and implementation of the Brand strategy.
- Work closely with the company’s Box Office team; enabling them to meet their sales objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and information
- Develop and maintain strong community connections with local organizational partners, community leaders, and board members.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related experience.
Experience in marketing performing arts a plus.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Computer skills including but not limited to WordPress knowledge and social media metrics.
Advertising and Brochure layout skills.
Flexible hours to include evenings and weekends as needed.
Compensation is competitive and includes a strong benefit package.
Send a cover letter and resume to Bryce Alexander, Executive Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in your cover letter where you saw the job announcement. Position open until filled.
The Naples Players is an EEO Employer.