At a Glance
Membership is a great way to support The Naples Players in addition to volunteering, buying season tickets, and donating – while getting a few additional perks!
The History of Membership
Unlike most non-profits, The Naples Players was founded in 1953 as a Membership Governed organization. With little to no staff, the model was designed so that each participant at The Naples Players would have a voice in the theatre’s management; and paid membership dues were required for all volunteers.
Today, paid membership is no longer a requirement of participants, but the concept continues – providing an important and unique way of supporting The Naples Players. Although the vision of the theatre is governed by the Board of Directors – and the fiscal operation is run by the Staff – dues-paying members are still given the annual privilege of confirming new board members and reviewing by-laws adjustments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do my dues go?
Membership dues go directly to The Naples Players, and the funds are used to support the operation of the theatre. The Naples Players often allocates the dues collected to volunteer appreciation receptions after each “preview” performance.
Volunteer, Donor, or Member?
Unlike donations, membership dues are NOT tax deductible – as you are receiving a service/benefit from your payment.
Volunteers are afforded many perks – including earlier access to preview tickets – that members may not have access to.
A volunteer or donor could also choose to be a member – or all three!
What are the benefits?
As a member your are entitled to:
- Early access to purchase individual tickets one week before the general public
- $35 subscriber ticket price to any TNP show
- One complimentary ticket for Blackburn and one complimentary ticket for Tobye Preview Night performance & post-show party (redeemable 1 day prior to showdate & subject to availability)
- 10% Discounts on adult education classes
- Discount on TNP merchandise
- Recognition on TNP website
- Subscription email news
- An invitation to the Annual Members Meeting & the ability to vote on confirming board members and by-laws changes
How much are dues?
- Individuals are $50
- Students are $20 (through Grade 12)
You can pay your dues online!
Thanks to our 2019-2020 Members!
The Naples Players
701 5th Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102
REDUCED COVID HOURS
Monday-Friday: 10am to 4pm
*Will-Call & Wait-List opens 2 hours before curtain
Monday-Friday: 10am to 5pm