Welcome to KidzAct!
We are very excited about your participation with our constantly growing youth theatre program here at The Naples Players! Please take the time to read through the below information carefully as it includes our policies to provide a high-quality performing arts program for children and youth that runs safely, smoothly, and efficiently. Please help us achieve this goal by becoming knowledgeable about our procedures, polices, and rules. We look forward to meeting and working with you and your student!
*During the registration process, you will be asked to sign that you have read and agreed to everything on this page, but especially the items with an”*”
What to expect on the First Day?
We would like to extend an invitation to any parents who may wish to stay and observe for the first 15 minutes of class. However, we do ask that parents do not attend class at any other time to ensure focus and productivity in the classroom.
What to expect on the Last Day?
Remember to mark your calendars! On the last day of every session, each class will have a performance showcase. This showcase is a 15-30 minute performance for family members and friends to see what the class has been learning during the session. Details concerning times, attire, and any other information will be sent home with each student during the last week for their class session.
- Students must wear closed toe/closed heel shoes.
- Students must wear clothing that is comfortable and easy to move in to every class.
- Examples: Yoga pants, leggings, t-shirts, jazz shoes, athletic shorts, etc.
- If the class if over 90 minutes, students will get a ten (10) minutes break in the middle of class.
- It would be good to pack a small snack and a drink in a closed container.
- There are no vending machines at our theatre.
- Due to allergies we are a NUT FREE campus.
- Do not pack any snacks containing nuts.
Rules for Students
In our classes we:
- Respect each other!
- Please keep your hands to yourself.
- Keep a positive attitude and environment.
- If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Try our best!
- Work as a team!
- Learn from our mistakes!
- Celebrate each other’s success!
- Have Fun!
- Pay attention to your teachers and assistants.
- Listen – Please don’t speak while instructors are teaching.
- Don’t complain.
- Clean up after yourself! Please respect the theatre and don’t leave messes around.
- Stay in your class location.
- Please never wander around the theatre or be anywhere unattended.
- There should be an instructor, assistant, or staff member with you at all times.
*My child and I have read the KidzAct Rules and Policies & Procedures, agree to abide by them, and will accept the consequences of failing to abide by them.
- Please use the circle driveway Drop-Off line at the 4th Ave entrance for both Drop-Off and Pick-Up.
- The child must get out on the sidewalk–not in the street
- If you park across the street, you must walk your child across the street to the door.
- Our KidzAct entrance is through the glass Lobby doors near 4th Ave.
- The door is by our Tobye Studio entrance and across from Truluck’s.
- Please use the circle driveway Drop-Off line whenever possible.
- A teacher or assistant will come up to the passenger car window and ask for the student’s name. The student will be called from inside the theater and escorted to the car
- You may park and pick up your student in our Lobby yourself, as well.
- If you choose to park and pick up your student in the Lobby, please check in with the teacher before you leave with the student.
Please do not park and leave your car unattended in the Drop-Off circle. Thanks!
Policies & Procedures
If the student is going to be absent for a class, please inform the instructor or education staff on the first day of class, or as soon as you know of the absence. During productions a letter will be sent home with each student listing the Stage Manager’s phone number to contact for absences or late arrivals. If the student is going to be late on the day of the class, please call the instructor or our KidzAct extension in the business office at 239-434-7340 ext. 127.
If you need to contact your child during class time please call the business office at 239-434-7340 ext. 127. If your child’s class meets outside of business hours (Monday–Friday 9:00am–4:00pm) please call Craig Price, Education Director on his cell phone at 239-287-3659.
- Two or more weeks before the class start date: 90% tuition refund
- One week before the class start date: 50% tuition refund
- During class: No tuition refund
All refunds are a case by case basis.
Medication, First Aid, and Safety:
Safety is our number on priority here at KidzAct. If your child needs to take a prescribed medication, please send a note with the necessary information including time and dosage. We do have First Aid kits outside of every room in our theatre, however, we are not permitted to distribute medication, including pain relievers.
*In the event of an accident, I authorize and give permission for emergency and/or medical treatment from a qualified professional.
Hold Harmless Release:
*I hereby allow my child to participate in The Naples Players, KidzAct program. I understand and agree that The Naples Players, KidzAct, its instructors, and employees are not responsible for my child’s behavior while participating in the activities conducted within the scope of the program. The Naples Players/KidzAct assumes no responsibility or liability for my child’s actions or for those of any other participant, and I hereby release, acquit and forever discharge The Naples Players/KidzAct and its instructors and employees from any and all injuries, expenses, costs, medical bills, claims, demands, actions, lawsuits, damages, and liability whatsoever arising from my child’s participating in the program including but not limited to any negligence or any other act or omission on the part of The Naples Players, KidzAct and/or its instructors, agents, and employees.
Pictures and Advertising and Promotion
*I hereby consent to the reproduction and/or use of the photographs, videotapes, and film or audio recordings of my child or myself for advertising and promotional purposes by The Naples Players, KidzAct, or its affiliates.