About Employment @ TNP
The Naples Players is one of the largest non-profit community theaters in the nation, located in scenic downtown Naples, Florida. We have a professional full-time staff with experience ranging from regional theatre to international and off-Broadway. The Naples Players is devoted to their community and relies on the generous volunteers who eagerly participate to create each season.
We are always looking for qualified Directors, Choreographers, Stage Managers, and Musical Directors. These are contracted positions. Please send your information to Bryce Alexander – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Director of Advancement
Reports to: CEO/Executive Artistic Director
FLSA Classification: Full-Time, exempt
Salaried, commensurate with experience, dental, 401K match, PTO
Hiring Timeline: Anticipated ASAP
The Naples Players (TNP) located in idyllic Naples, Florida is seeking a proven fundraiser and leader to serve as the next Director of Advancement. Serving as a cultural hub in Southwest Florida, TNP aims to raise $1.2M in contributions annually, as well as $400k in events, and $250k in sponsorships to support the organization’s ~$4M operating budget. The organization is $13M into a $15M Capital Campaign, expected to break ground in February of 2023. TNP is a theatre for the community, utilizing more than 600 volunteers annually, producing more than 62,000 volunteer hours – and showcasing more than 200 local artists each season. Our Education program serves more than 10,000 individuals, while our one-of-a-kind Wellness Through the Arts program serves more than 5,000 people and offers individuals living with autism, sensory processing disorder, Alzheimer’s, and many other physical or neurological challenges theatre therapy and unique access to the power of theatre.
The Director of Advancement reports to the CEO/Executive Artistic Director and, as a member of the leadership team, directs the organization’s fundraising and public engagement efforts. With a primary focus on donor strategy, the Director of Advancement leads the development and marketing team in development, communication, and brand management efforts for both earned and contributed revenue streams. The advancement team serves to engage current and new supporters, increase financial investment in TNP, and build an increasingly strong and diverse network of ticketholders across the region.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing messaging across departments, with a background in Marketing & Communications; and a track-record for raising contributed revenues. This is the first of its kind position for TNP, and the ideal candidate will be excited to strategize, build, and expand their team over the coming years.
Development, Stewardship, and Communications
- Work with CEO and Board on public relations and marketing to increase knowledge and awareness of TNP, its mission, activities, and the value of its work.
- Implement multifaceted communications strategy, including use of electronic mail, website, social media platforms, print, radio and televised media to disseminate TNP program info, donor messaging, and related reports and appeals.
- Focus on external communications to ensure consistent messaging and branding in all print and online donor, partner, and ticket holder materials.
- Develops and oversees implementation of Development & Marketing Plan in consultation with leadership and advancement teams.
- Manages a portfolio of donors and prospective major donors across the country by leading in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; maintains current documentation of activity.
- Develops and strengthens relationships with individuals, corporations, government agencies, and foundations.
- Delegates and oversees messaging on all materials including print and electronic appeals and advertisements, stewardship communications through box office to executive leadership, and coordinates messaging across platforms.
- Collaborates with leadership team to coordinate baseline annual fundraising targets with organizational strategic objectives and budget.
- Represents organization publicly when Executive Director cannot to strategically grow community of stakeholders, working with other staff to coordinate strategic meetings and small-scale events as needed.
- Coaches, supervises, and evaluates advancement team and ensures staff members have the tools needed to accomplish their jobs.
- Provides guidance to reports and tracks performance against development plan.
- Communicates regularly with advancement team to strategize about status of stewardship, prospecting, proposals, and appeals; evaluates areas needing focus and growth.
- Explores new ideas through professional growth opportunities.
Leadership Team and Board
- Participates actively in leadership team meetings to strategize and position the organization for the future.
- Meets regularly with Board members to cultivate and solicit for major gifts for organization work and to grow our network of new investors.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Personal track record of success in reaching and exceeding fundraising goals.
- Proven ability to establish objectives, set performance standards, and organize and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and retaining staff.
- Demonstrated project management, organization, delegation, and prioritization skills.
- Experience motivating and collaborating successfully with volunteers.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships of trust and respect with development staff, colleagues, volunteers, and donors.
- Commitment to building a welcoming, inclusive, and equitable community where all people can thrive.
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
CEO & Executive Artistic Director
The Naples Players
701 5th Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102
Monday-Saturday: 10am to 7pm
*Will-Call & Wait-List opens 2 hours before curtain
Monday-Friday: 10am to 5pm