About Employment @ TNP
The Naples Players is one of the largest non-profit community theaters in the nation, located in scenic downtown Naples, Florida. We have a professional full-time staff with experience ranging from regional theatre to international and off-Broadway. The Naples Players is devoted to their community and relies on the generous volunteers who eagerly participate to create each season.
We are always looking for qualified Directors, Choreographers and Musical Directors. These are contracted positions. Please send your information to Jessica Walck.
Director of Development
The Naples Players is entering a major expansion phase and is seeking its next Director of Development to lead its development initiatives. This is a unique opportunity for the right professional who is energized at the thought of building a comprehensive and successful development program. Reporting directly to the Executive Artistic Director, the DOD will work closely with the Board as well as key staff leadership. The DOD will spearhead all efforts related to fundraising with a particular focus on cultivating current donors, growing the number of donors and substantially building the major gifts program.
The right candidate will be well organized, self-directed and have excellent people skills. S/he will be able to take the lead on cultivating donors. More importantly, s/he will exhibit expertise in effectively supporting Board members as fundraisers. The Director will ensure that the development function integrates closely with the marketing and communications function of the organization.
The DOD will also have the opportunity to hire additional support staff; but will begin as the sole officer for Development.
Experience with Tessitura a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Refine and implement a coherent development strategy, lead the execution of the plan, and ensure key goals are met. Emphasis on developing relationships with donors, subscribers, past donors and parents of our youth theater program, among others.
- Develop and implement a stewardship strategy to move donors up the giving ladder.
- Develop new ways to build the major donor prospect pipeline.
- Expand the total donor base as part of the strategy.
- Conduct prospect research and help maintain donor and prospect files including effective database management.
- Work with Board members, major donors and others to implement fundraising strategies.
- Help to design and manage events that result in financial contribution and enhance the visibility and community of The Naples Players.
- Provide effective reporting on development goals and results for the Executive Artistic Director, the board and the development committee including projections, potential action planning, evaluation and analysis.
- Research and write grants for program and capital support when necessary.
- Contribute to the efforts of a new $20m capital campaign
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct fundraising experience and proven success in building fundraising strategies with an emphasis on major gifts and individual giving.
- Experience with integrating communications and fundraising strategies including website and social media.
- Experience in the performing arts field is a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Entrepreneurial attitude and proven success in building an effective fundraising program. Driven by results.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Sophistication and poise to speak convincingly to donors.
- Demonstrated results in support of Board fundraising.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment. Ability to quickly develop trust and confidence with colleagues, Board members and stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Comfortable using office and database technologies. Knowledge of Tessitura preferred.
- Commitment to The Naples Players mission, purpose and values.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Compensation is competitive and includes a strong benefit package.
Submit a resume and cover letter – that includes salary requirements – to:
Bryce Alexander – CEO/Executive Artistic Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Box Office Assistant
The Naples Players is searching for a full-time Box Office Assistant to work flexible day and night hours throughout the week. Box Office Assistants will work in a fast-paced, high-volume, customer service role selling tickets for TNP and rental productions, and serve as a point of reference for enquires about the theatre. Assistants are vital to the smooth operation of The Naples Players’ Box Office and Front of House in order to ensure a positive experience for all current and potential patrons.
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills:
– Experience, tact, and skill in dealing with the public
– Customer service via phone, counter, and/or email
– Strong communication skills, oral, and written
– Familiarity with computers
– Willingness to work flexible hours and days
Other desirable skills include:
– Competency with Word, Excel, and/or Provenue Ticket Systems
– Experience working in the arts
The Naples Players is a one of the largest non-profit community theaters in the nation, located in scenic downtown Naples. TNP produce 7 plays, 3 musicals, Readers Theatre, new works, multiple children’s shows, and rental productions every season. It consists of a professional full-time staff with experience ranging from regional theatre to international and off-Broadway. The Naples Players is devoted to their community and relies on the generous volunteers who eagerly participate to create each season.
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
James Duggan – Box Office Manager – email@example.com
The Naples Players
701 5th Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102
Monday-Friday: 10am to 4pm
Saturday: 10am to 4pm
*Will-Call & Wait-List opens 2 hours before curtain
Monday-Friday: 10am to 4pm
Saturday: 10am to 4pm