KidzAct: The Wedding Singer Teen Auditions
MAY 15th, 12- 4 pm
IMPORTANT COVID SAFETY INFORMATION
- There will be NO congregating in the lobby. Students must wait outside until they are permitted into the building at their designated audition time.
- Adults will NOT be permitted into the building for auditions.
- Students will only be accepted during their scheduled audition time. Students who are late will miss their audition.
- Students must wear a mask until they are on-stage for their audition.
The Wedding Singer Teen Show Synopsis
It’s 1985, and rock-star wannabe, Robbie Hart, is New Jersey’s favorite wedding singer. He’s the life of the party until his own fiancée leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. As luck would have it, Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and, unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.
The Wedding Singer takes us back to a time when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up and a wedding singer might just be the coolest guy in the room. Based on the hit Adam Sandler movie, The Wedding Singer’s sparkling new score does for the ’80s what Hairspray did for the ’60s.
*Please be advised this show contains some adult content and themes
- Ages 14-18 (High School students only)
- Pick an audition time below (walk-ins also welcome)
- Please prepare 32 bars of a song from a musical or song in the style of the show
- If you bring sheet music, please have it three-hole punched and in a binder
- Be prepared to be taught a dance combination after your sing
- Final casting calls will be made starting Wednesday, May 20th
- For those cast, rehearsals begin June 21st, see the Contacts & Important Dates below for details
For questions please contact Cole Butcher, Production Stage Manager (239-434-7340 ext. 125 or email@example.com) or Kenzie Currie, Education Stage Manager (239-434-7340 ext. 127 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Wedding Singer Teen Contacts & Important Dates
Director/Choreographer: Dawn Lebrecht Fornara
Music Director: Charles Fornara
Stage Manager: Amy Tran
Cast: 14-18 years old, High School only; Flexible casting
Rehearsal Begins: Monday, June 21st @ 3:00pm-6:00pm
Rehearsals: Monday–Friday, June 21st–July 30th 3:00pm-6:00pm; Monday–Thursday, August 2nd–5th 7:00pm-11:00pm
Performances: Friday-Sunday, August 6th-8th
For a full list of rehearsals, techs, and performances click here: Wedding Singer Teen Audition Conflict Sheet